A weekend of bushcraft and plantlore, held in a picturesque and unspoiled wooded valley in the southern Cotswolds, camping by a beautiful flowing stream.
THE WORKSHOPS COVER:
- TINDER: Selection of different plants and fungi for firelighting tinders that can be used for matchless firelighting, and making a simple tinder box to take home
- TIMBER: The lore of firewood – which trees provide the best woods to burn for different situations, and how to recognise them all in the field
- STRING: Selecting and preparing different wild plants for making cordage which can be used to lash together items, make belts, nets, straps, etc. You will also learn to make simple cordage from tree bark for yourself
- TEN HERBAL HELPERS: Learn how to use 5 common trees and 5 common plants that could save your life in almost any survival situation – from treating injuries, stings and bites to killing dangerous infections. You will also make a herbal injury balm to take home
- POISONOUS PLANTS: How to tell hemlock from cow parsley, monkshood from mugwort, etc., and avoid all of them when out foraging for food!
- WILD FOOD STAPLES: Wild foods will be used, identified and discussed throughout the weekend
With an emphasis on practical exploration, all methods used will be explained first and you will be supervised while you learn to carry them out successfully.
Nature should not be viewed as hostile force. Nature is our best friend when approached with respect, supplying us with all that we need to live. Once some basic skills are applied we can learn to live comfortably and safely in the wild.
MEALS & CAMPING:
Delicious basic meals will be provided, cooked fresh in camp on the Saturday and Sunday. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or are vegetarian. You will need to bring your own snacks to keep you going in between meals and bring food for your evening meal if you plan to arrive on the Friday night.
Your style of camping for this weekend will be up to you! There is a small grassy open space where you can pitch a tent, or alternatively go and find a spot to put up your basha or hammock in the woods.
Adults £185.00 per person
Ragmill Wood, Slaughterford, Wiltshire
Please contact Fred@thewildsideoflife.co.uk to make enquiries