4 day course with optional extra mushroom day in early autumn – Booking now!
26 April, 7th June, 5th July,
16th August, Wiltshire
The Wild Side of Life was voted Food & Drink Awards best foraging course education provider (England South) and our courses feature in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Top 10 and the Sunday Telegraph Top 5 UK Foraging Courses.
“A heartfelt thanks to you for running such an informative, engaging and perennial course. Wilhelmina had a wonderful time!.. It was certainly the best birthday gift and one that keeps on giving. Our walks are now flavoured with sorrel, perfumed with wild garlic and textured by sedges (with edges).”
The secret to safe, effective foraging
There are many good sources of wild food that become available in the spring and early summer… tasty vitamin enriched green salad plants, nutty underground tubers, delicate tasting shoots and flower heads and early soft fruits. Some good edible fungi also occur in the spring and summer, like St. George’s mushroom and chicken of the woods. Some are gourmet foods served by the best restaurants and with a little knowledge you can learn to harvest them for yourself.
This 4 day course (Sundays) will provide you with the knowledge and skills that you need to locate, identify and prepare a wide variety of wild foods whilst making sure that you stay within the law and forage sustainably. Whether preparing for a dinner party or a survival situation, this organised foraging course aims to give you all the skills that you need!
Our Forager’s Club for 2020 Costs: £160.00
- First hand advice from Fred the Forager so that you can identify your finds properly and safely
- Knowledge of where to search to maximise your effectiveness and increase your confidence in finding a range of good edible species for the table
- Experience of foraging in different habitats; riverside, woodlands and wildflower meadows, all within 20 miles of Avebury, Wiltshire
- 12 months email support – send in pictures and Fred will help to identify your finds
- Information on cooking and preserving wild food harvests successfully
- Directions on how to pick wild foods without damaging future populations
- Members can bring one non-paying guest on one of the days and there is a delicious WILD FOOD FEAST on the last day!
I have over 3 decades of foraging experience to bring to your table and have taught thousands of people how to forage. I am also the author of “Poisonous Plants in Great Britain”, so joining the club is an opportunity to gain confidence in foraging safely as well as learning how to avoid all the harmful look-alikes, making sure you take home only fresh gourmet ingredients!
2020 DATES / TIMES:
26th April – 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
7th June – 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
5th July – 12:30 AM to 4:30 PM
16th August – 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Cost of membership for 2020: £160.00
There will also be an early mushroom hunting day trip to the New Forest in early September which will be offered to the Forager’s Club at the discounted price of £50.00 (normally £90.00)
Please note a gift certificate is available for this course.
Bookings can be made simply by sending an email to Fred@thewildsideoflife.co.uk (put FORAGER’S CLUB in the subject line). Your place will be secure once full payment has been received via cheque or PayPal.
If you have received a gift voucher for this course then your place has already been paid for but you must get in touch using the email above to reserve your place.
See you in the wild!